HIV-17.2 Increase the proportion of sexually active unmarried males aged 15 to 44 years who use condoms
About the Data
Description of the data source, numerator, denominator, survey questions, and other relevant details about the national estimate.
Number of sexually active, unmarried males aged 15 to 44 years who reported using a condom at last sexual intercourse
Number of sexually active, unmarried males aged 15 to 44 years
From the 2006 National Survey of Family Growth:
What is your current marital status? Are you:
- Not married, but living together with a partner of the opposite sex
- Separated, because you and your spouse are not getting along
- Never been married
The last time you and your partner had intercourse, did you or she use any method to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases?
- Condom or rubber
- Withdrawal, pulling out
- Vasectomy or male sterilization
- Tubal ligation (tubes tied) or female sterilization
- Injection (Depo-Provera or Lunelle)
- Spermacidal foam/jelly/cream/film/suppository
- Hormonal implant (Norplant)
- Rhythm or safe period
- Something else
Any change to the objective text, baseline, target, target-setting method or data source since the Healthy People 2020 launch.