MAP-IT: A Guide to Using Healthy People 2020 in Your Community
Healthy People is based on a simple but powerful model:
- Establish national health objectives.
- Provide data and tools to enable states, cities, communities, and individuals across the Nation to combine their efforts to achieve them.
Use the MAP-IT framework to help:
- Mobilize partners.
- Assess the needs of your community.
- Create and implement a plan to reach Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Track your community’s progress.
A Framework for Implementation
No two public health interventions are exactly alike. But most interventions share a similar path to success: Mobilize, Assess, Plan, Implement, Track.
Otherwise known as MAP-IT, this framework can be used to plan and evaluate public health interventions to achieve Healthy People 2020 objectives. Whether you are a seasoned public health professional or new to the field, the MAP-IT framework will help you create your own path to a healthy community and a healthier Nation.
Use these tools and resources as a reference. Each of the 5 MAP-IT sections includes questions to ask and answer, a brief overview, Healthy People 2020 tools, and links to related resources.
Choose 1 of the steps below to get started: