Disparities Details by Age Group for 2018
TU-1.1 : Adult cigarette smoking (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for TU-1.1
TU-1.1 Reduce cigarette smoking by adults
Adult cigarette smoking (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|65 years and over|| 8.4
|18-44 years|| 14.3
|45-64 years|| 16.3
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 2.003
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 8.4%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 16.3%, was attained by persons aged 45-64 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 7.8 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.930 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 15.3%, was 1.810 times the best group rate.
Persons aged 65 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 8.4%.
- The rate among persons aged 18-44 years was 1.691 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons aged 45-64 years was 1.930 times the best group rate.