Disparities Details by Age Group for 2017
SA-14.3 : Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for SA-14.3
SA-14.3 Reduce the proportion of persons engaging in binge drinking during the past 30 days—adults aged 18 years and older
Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
|65 years and over|| 11.5
|45-64 years|| 24.0
|18-44 years|| 34.7
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 2.790
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 11.5%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 34.7%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 23.2 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 3.008 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 29.3%, was 2.542 times the best group rate.
Persons aged 65 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 11.5%.
- The rate among persons aged 45-64 years was 2.077 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons aged 18-44 years was 3.008 times the best group rate.