Disparities Details by Age Group for 2015
SA-14.3 : Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for SA-14.3
SA-14.3 Reduce the proportion of persons engaging in binge drinking during the past 30 days—adults aged 18 years and older
Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
|Age Group||2015 2||Disparity|
|65 years and over|| 10.0
|45-64 years|| 24.0
|18-44 years|| 35.9
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 3.312
2 Baseline has been revised. See Data Details for more information.
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 10.0%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 35.9%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 25.9 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 3.581 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 30.0%, was 2.987 times the best group rate.
Persons aged 65 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 10.0%.
- The rate among persons aged 45-64 years was 2.393 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons aged 18-44 years was 3.581 times the best group rate.