Disparities Details by Marital Status for 2018
SA-14.3 : Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Marital Status for SA-14.3
SA-14.3 Reduce the proportion of persons engaging in binge drinking during the past 30 days—adults aged 18 years and older
Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
|Divorced or separated|| 27.2
|Never married|| 35.6
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 2.689
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 12.3%, was attained by persons who were widowed.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 35.6%, was attained by persons who were never married.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 23.3 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 2.892 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other marital status groups (excluding the best), 28.5%, was 2.316 times the best group rate.
Persons who were widowed achieved the best group rate for this objective, 12.3%.
- The rate among persons who were married was 1.843 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons who were divorced or separated was 2.212 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons who were never married was 2.892 times the best group rate.