Disparities Details by Marital Status for 2017
SA-14.3 : Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Marital Status for SA-14.3
SA-14.3 Reduce the proportion of persons engaging in binge drinking during the past 30 days—adults aged 18 years and older
Binge drinking in past month—Adults (percent, 18+ years)
|Divorced or separated|| 26.6
|Never married|| 35.3
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 3.019
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 11.0%, was attained by persons who were widowed.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 35.3%, was attained by persons who were never married.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 24.3 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 3.213 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other marital status groups (excluding the best), 28.3%, was 2.577 times the best group rate.
Persons who were widowed achieved the best group rate for this objective, 11.0%.
- The rate among persons who were married was 2.096 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons who were divorced or separated was 2.421 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons who were never married was 3.213 times the best group rate.