Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2012
SA-13.2 : Adolescents using marijuana in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for SA-13.2
SA-13.2 Reduce the proportion of adolescents reporting use of marijuana during the past 30 days
Adolescents using marijuana in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2012||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.676
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 6.4%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 9.1%, was attained by uninsured persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 2.7 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.414 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 8.6%, was 1.328 times the best group rate.
Persons with private insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 6.4%.
- The rate among persons with public insurance was 1.242 times the best group rate.
- The rate among uninsured persons was 1.414 times the best group rate.