Disparities Details by Age Group for 2018
SA-13.1 : Adolescents using alcohol or illicit drugs in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for SA-13.1
SA-13.1 Reduce the proportion of adolescents reporting use of alcohol or any illicit drugs during the past 30 days
Adolescents using alcohol or illicit drugs in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
|12-13 years|| 2.8
|14-15 years|| 11.3
|16-17 years|| 24.6
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 7.752
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 2.8%, was attained by adolescents aged 12-13 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 24.6%, was attained by adolescents aged 16-17 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 21.8 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 8.896 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 18.0%, was 6.500 times the best group rate.
Adolescents aged 12-13 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 2.8%.
- The rate among adolescents aged 14-15 years was 4.103 times the best group rate.
- The rate among adolescents aged 16-17 years was 8.896 times the best group rate.