Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2017
SA-13.1 : Adolescents using alcohol or illicit drugs in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for SA-13.1
SA-13.1 Reduce the proportion of adolescents reporting use of alcohol or any illicit drugs during the past 30 days
Adolescents using alcohol or illicit drugs in past 30 days (percent, 12–17 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2017||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.406
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 12.4%, was attained by uninsured persons.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 14.2%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 1.7 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.140 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 14.0%, was 1.122 times the best group rate.
Uninsured persons achieved the best group rate for this objective, 12.4%.
- The rate among persons with public insurance was 1.104 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons with private insurance was 1.140 times the best group rate.