Disparities Details by Race and Ethnicity for 2013
PA-8.3.3 : Adolescents using a computer for nonschool work for ≤2 hours a day (percent, grades 9–12)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Race and Ethnicity for PA-8.3.3
PA-8.3.3 Increase the proportion of adolescents in grades 9 through 12 who use a computer or play computer games outside of school (for nonschool work) for no more than 2 hours a day
Adolescents using a computer for nonschool work for ≤2 hours a day (percent, grades 9–12)
|Race and Ethnicity||2013||Disparity|
|White only, not Hispanic or Latino|| 62.6
|American Indian or Alaska Native only|| 59.1
|Hispanic or Latino|| 56.6
|2 or more races|| 53.6
|Black or African American only, not Hispanic or Latino|| 50.9
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander only|| 50.7
|Asian only|| 48.5
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.303
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 62.6%, was attained by White only, not Hispanic or Latino persons.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 48.5%, was attained by Asian only persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 14.1 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.292 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.177 times the average rate for all other race/ethnicity groups (excluding the best), 53.2%.
White only, not Hispanic or Latino persons achieved the best group rate for this objective, 62.6%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate for the American Indian or Alaska Native only population.
- 1.107 times the rate for the Hispanic or Latino population.
- 1.169 times the rate among persons identifying with 2 or more races.
- 1.231 times the rate for the Black or African American only, not Hispanic or Latino population.
- 1.235 times the rate for the Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander only population.
- 1.292 times the rate for the Asian only population.