Disparities Details by Age Group for 2018
PA-2.4 : Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for PA-2.4
PA-2.4 Increase the proportion of adults who meet the objectives for aerobic physical activity and for muscle-strengthening activity
Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|18-44 years|| 30.0
|45-64 years|| 19.7
|65 years and over|| 13.9
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.931
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 30.0%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 13.9%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 16.1 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 2.154 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.783 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 16.8%.
Persons aged 18-44 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 30.0%.
The best group rate was:
- 1.521 times the rate among persons aged 45-64 years.
- 2.154 times the rate among persons aged 65 years and over.