Disparities Details by Marital Status for 2018
PA-2.4 : Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Marital Status for PA-2.4
PA-2.4 Increase the proportion of adults who meet the objectives for aerobic physical activity and for muscle-strengthening activity
Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|Divorced or separated|| 25.5
|Never married|| 22.1
|Cohabiting partner|| 21.9
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.561
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 25.5% (age adjusted), was attained by persons who were divorced or separated.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 13.1% (age adjusted), was attained by persons who were widowed.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 12.4 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.946 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.258 times the average rate for all other marital status groups (excluding the best), 20.3% (age adjusted).
Persons who were divorced or separated achieved the best group rate for this objective, 25.5% (age adjusted).
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons who were married.
- 1.153 times the rate among persons who were never married.
- 1.161 times the rate among persons who were living with a cohabiting partner.
- 1.946 times the rate among persons who were widowed.