Disparities Details by Sexual Orientation for 2018
PA-2.4 : Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Sexual Orientation for PA-2.4
PA-2.4 Increase the proportion of adults who meet the objectives for aerobic physical activity and for muscle-strengthening activity
Adults meeting aerobic physical activity and muscle-strengthening objectives (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.586
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 26.2% (age adjusted), was attained by persons identifying as gay/lesbian.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 19.2% (age adjusted), was attained by persons identifying as bisexual.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 7.0 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.363 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.204 times the average rate for all other sexual orientation groups (excluding the best), 21.7% (age adjusted).
Persons identifying as gay/lesbian achieved the best group rate for this objective, 26.2% (age adjusted).
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons identifying as straight.
- 1.363 times the rate among persons identifying as bisexual.