Disparities Details by Age Group for 2009
PA-14.1 : Bicycling for transportation - Adults - Trips of 5 miles or less (age-adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for PA-14.1
PA-14.1 Increase the proportion of trips of 5 miles or less made by bicycling by adults aged 18 years and older
Bicycling for transportation - Adults - Trips of 5 miles or less (age-adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|18-44 years|| 1.1
|45-64 years|| 1.0
|65 years and over|| 0.8
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.881
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 1.1%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 0.8%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 0.3 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.452 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.284 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 0.9%.
Persons aged 18-44 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 1.1%.
The best group rate was:
- 1.151 times the rate among persons aged 45-64 years.
- 1.452 times the rate among persons aged 65 years and over.