Disparities Details by Age Group for 2016
OH-7 : Children, adolescents, and adults who visited the dentist in the past year (age adjusted, percent, 2+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for OH-7
OH-7 Increase the proportion of children, adolescents, and adults who used the oral health care system in the past year
Children, adolescents, and adults who visited the dentist in the past year (age adjusted, percent, 2+ years)
|2-17 years|| 54.7
|65 years and over|| 46.3
|45-64 years|| 43.3
|18-44 years|| 35.6
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.383
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 54.7%, was attained by children and adolescents aged 2-17 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 35.6%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 19.1 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.536 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.310 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 41.7%.
Children and adolescents aged 2-17 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 54.7%.
The best group rate was:
- 1.181 times the rate among persons aged 65 years and over.
- 1.262 times the rate among persons aged 45-64 years.
- 1.536 times the rate among persons aged 18-44 years.