Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2011-12
OH-5 : Adults with moderate or severe periodontitis (percent, 45–74 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for OH-5
OH-5 Reduce the proportion of adults aged 45 to 74 years with moderate or severe periodontitis
Adults with moderate or severe periodontitis (percent, 45–74 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2011-12||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.946
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 36.8%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 62.5%, was attained by uninsured persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 25.8 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.701 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 58.7%, was 1.596 times the best group rate.
Persons with private insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 36.8%.
- The rate among persons with public insurance was 1.490 times the best group rate.
- The rate among uninsured persons was 1.701 times the best group rate.