Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2011-12
OH-3.1 : Adults with untreated dental decay (percent, 35–44 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for OH-3.1
OH-3.1 Reduce the proportion of adults aged 35 to 44 years with untreated dental decay
Adults with untreated dental decay (percent, 35–44 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2011-12||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 3.737
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 15.7%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 42.9%, was attained by uninsured persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 27.3 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 2.742 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 38.4%, was 2.455 times the best group rate.
Persons with private insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 15.7%.
- The rate among persons with public insurance was 2.167 times the best group rate.
- The rate among uninsured persons was 2.742 times the best group rate.