Disparities Details by Age Group for 2005-08
NWS-9 : Obesity among adults (age adjusted, percent, 20+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for NWS-9
NWS-9 Reduce the proportion of adults who are obese
Obesity among adults (age adjusted, percent, 20+ years)
|Age Group||2005-08 2||Disparity|
|65 years and over|| 31.3
|20-44 years|| 31.6
|45-64 years|| 39.0
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.257
2 Baseline has been revised. See Data Details for more information.
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 31.3%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 39.0%, was attained by persons aged 45-64 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 7.7 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.246 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 35.3%, was 1.128 times the best group rate.
Persons aged 65 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 31.3%.
- The rate among persons aged 20-44 years was <1.1 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons aged 45-64 years was 1.246 times the best group rate.