Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2013-16
NWS-10.4 : Obesity among children and adolescents (percent, 2–19 years )
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for NWS-10.4
NWS-10.4 Reduce the proportion of children and adolescents aged 2 to 19 years who are considered obese
Obesity among children and adolescents (percent, 2–19 years )
|Health Insurance Status||2013-16||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.821
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 14.8%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 20.9%, was attained by uninsured persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 6.1 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 1.413 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 20.9%, was 1.413 times the best group rate.
Persons with private insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 14.8%.
- The rate among persons with public insurance was 1.412 times the best group rate.
- The rate among uninsured persons was 1.413 times the best group rate.