Disparities Details by Marital Status for 2012
MICH-21.3 : Infants breastfed at 1 year (percent)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Marital Status for MICH-21.3
MICH-21.3 Increase the proportion of infants who are breastfed at 1 year
Infants breastfed at 1 year (percent)
|Divorced or separated|| 15.9
|Never married|| 14.4
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 3.363
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 37.9%, was attained by mothers who were married.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 14.4%, was attained by mothers who were never married.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 23.5 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 2.630 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 2.505 times the average rate for all other marital status groups (excluding the best), 15.1%.
Mothers who were married achieved the best group rate for this objective, 37.9%.
The best group rate was:
- 2.391 times the rate among mothers who were divorced or separated.
- 2.630 times the rate among mothers who were never married.