Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2018
MHMD-4.1 : Adolescents with a major depressive episode in the past 12 months (percent, 12-17 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for MHMD-4.1
MHMD-4.1 Reduce the proportion of adolescents aged 12 to 17 years who experience major depressive episodes (MDEs)
Adolescents with a major depressive episode in the past 12 months (percent, 12-17 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2018||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.288
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 14.0%, was attained by persons with public insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 14.8%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 0.8 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was <1.100 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 14.6%, was <1.100 times the best group rate.
Persons with public insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 14.0%.
- The rate among uninsured persons was <1.1 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons with private insurance was <1.1 times the best group rate.