Disparities Details by Age Group for 2010
IID-13.1 : Noninstitutionalized adults vaccinated against pneumococcal disease (percent, 65+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for IID-13.1
IID-13.1 Increase the percentage of noninstitutionalized adults aged 65 years and older who are vaccinated against pneumococcal disease
Noninstitutionalized adults vaccinated against pneumococcal disease (percent, 65+ years)
|85 years and over|| 66.8
|75-84 years|| 64.9
|65-74 years|| 54.6
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.196
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 66.8%, was attained by persons aged 85 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 54.6%, was attained by persons aged 65-74 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 12.2 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.223 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.118 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 59.8%.
Persons aged 85 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 66.8%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons aged 75-84 years.
- 1.223 times the rate among persons aged 65-74 years.