Disparities Details by Race and Ethnicity for 2015
IID-11.2 : Adolescents receiving 2+ doses of varicella vaccine by age 13–15 years (percent)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Race and Ethnicity for IID-11.2
IID-11.2 Increase the vaccination coverage level of 2 doses of varicella vaccine for adolescents by age 13 to 15 years (excluding children who have had varicella)
Adolescents receiving 2+ doses of varicella vaccine by age 13–15 years (percent)
|Race and Ethnicity||2015||Disparity|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander only|| 96.6
|Black or African American only, not Hispanic or Latino|| 87.8
|Asian only|| 87.6
|2 or more races|| 85.9
|White only, not Hispanic or Latino|| 83.7
|American Indian or Alaska Native only|| 83.5
|Hispanic or Latino|| 83.2
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.247
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 96.6%, was attained by Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander only persons.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 83.2%, was attained by Hispanic or Latino persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 13.5 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.162 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.133 times the average rate for all other race/ethnicity groups (excluding the best), 85.3%.
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander only persons achieved the best group rate for this objective, 96.6%.
The best group rate was:
- 1.101 times the rate for the Black or African American only, not Hispanic or Latino population.
- 1.103 times the rate for the Asian only population.
- 1.125 times the rate among persons identifying with 2 or more races.
- 1.154 times the rate for the White only, not Hispanic or Latino population.
- 1.157 times the rate for the American Indian or Alaska Native only population.
- 1.162 times the rate for the Hispanic or Latino population.