Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2009-12
HDS-9.1 : Adults with prehypertension who meet the recommended guidelines for BMI (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for HDS-9.1
HDS-9.1 Increase the proportion of adults with prehypertension who meet the recommended guidelines for body mass index (BMI)
Adults with prehypertension who meet the recommended guidelines for BMI (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|Health Insurance Status||2009-12||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.427
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 28.4% (age adjusted), was attained by uninsured persons.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 24.6% (age adjusted), was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 3.8 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.156 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was <1.100 times the average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 26.5% (age adjusted).
Uninsured persons achieved the best group rate for this objective, 28.4% (age adjusted).
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons with public insurance.
- 1.156 times the rate among persons with private insurance.