Disparities Details by Age Group for 2005-08
HDS-5.1 : Adults with hypertension (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for HDS-5.1
HDS-5.1 Reduce the proportion of adults with hypertension
Adults with hypertension (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|Age Group||2005-08 1||Disparity|
|18-44 years|| 10.5
|45-64 years|| 40.6
|65 years and over|| 70.3
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 6.007
1 Baseline has been revised. See Data Details for more information.
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 10.5%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 70.3%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 59.9 percentage points.
- The worst group rate was 6.725 times the best group rate.
- The average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 55.5%, was 5.305 times the best group rate.
Persons aged 18-44 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 10.5%.
- The rate among persons aged 45-64 years was 3.885 times the best group rate.
- The rate among persons aged 65 years and over was 6.725 times the best group rate.