Disparities Details by Age Group for 2013-16
HDS-12 : Adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is under control (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for HDS-12
HDS-12 Increase the proportion of adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is under control
Adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is under control (age adjusted, percent, 18+ years)
|45-64 years|| 55.3
|65 years and over|| 49.7
|18-44 years|| 42.3
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.365
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 55.3%, was attained by persons aged 45-64 years.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 42.3%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 13.0 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.308 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.202 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 46.0%.
Persons aged 45-64 years achieved the best group rate for this objective, 55.3%.
The best group rate was:
- 1.112 times the rate among persons aged 65 years and over.
- 1.308 times the rate among persons aged 18-44 years.