Disparities Details by Sexual Orientation for 2018
AHS-1.1 : Persons with medical insurance (percent, under 65 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Sexual Orientation for AHS-1.1
AHS-1.1 Increase the proportion of persons with medical insurance
Persons with medical insurance (percent, under 65 years)
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.080
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 88.7%, was attained by persons identifying as gay/lesbian.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 85.9%, was attained by persons identifying as bisexual.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 2.8 percentage points.
- The best group rate was <1.100 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was <1.100 times the average rate for all other sexual orientation groups (excluding the best), 86.5%.
Persons identifying as gay/lesbian achieved the best group rate for this objective, 88.7%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons identifying as straight.
- <1.1 times the rate among persons identifying as bisexual.