Disparities Details by Health Insurance Status for 2018
AH-5.5 : Adolescents who consider school work to be meaningful and important (percent, 12–17 years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Health Insurance Status for AH-5.5
AH-5.5 Increase the proportion of adolescents who consider their school work to be meaningful and important
Adolescents who consider school work to be meaningful and important (percent, 12–17 years)
|Health Insurance Status||2018||Disparity|
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.420
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 28.4%, was attained by persons with public insurance.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 19.4%, was attained by persons with private insurance.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 9.0 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.464 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was 1.189 times the average rate for all other health insurance status groups (excluding the best), 23.9%.
Persons with public insurance achieved the best group rate for this objective, 28.4%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among uninsured persons.
- 1.464 times the rate among persons with private insurance.