Disparities Details by Age Group for 2012-13
HDS-25 : Physician office visits by adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is controlled (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Age Group for HDS-25
HDS-25 Increase the proportion of patients with hypertension in clinical health systems whose blood pressure is under control
Physician office visits by adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is controlled (percent, 18+ years)
|65 years and over|| 65.7
|45-64 years|| 63.9
|18-44 years|| 56.5
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.147
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 65.7%, was attained by persons aged 65 years and over.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 56.5%, was attained by persons aged 18-44 years.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 9.2 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.163 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was <1.100 times the average rate for all other age groups (excluding the best), 60.2%.
Persons aged 65 years and over achieved the best group rate for this objective, 65.7%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate among persons aged 45-64 years.
- 1.163 times the rate among persons aged 18-44 years.