Disparities Details by Race and Ethnicity for 2010-11
HDS-25 : Physician office visits by adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is controlled (percent, 18+ years)
This chart compares rates by population.
Error Bar (I) represents the 95% confidence interval.
Additional footnotes may apply to these data. Please refer to footnotes below the data table for further information.
See also Disparities Overview by Race and Ethnicity for HDS-25
HDS-25 Increase the proportion of patients with hypertension in clinical health systems whose blood pressure is under control
Physician office visits by adults with hypertension whose blood pressure is controlled (percent, 18+ years)
|Race and Ethnicity||2010-11||Disparity|
|Hispanic or Latino|| 68.4
|White only|| 65.8
|Not Hispanic or Latino|| 64.1
|Black or African American only|| 57.3
|Average group rate excluding best group rate||
CI 1.000/ 1.168
Data are subject to revision and may have changed since a previous release.
Unless noted otherwise, any age-adjusted data are adjusted using the year 2000 standard population.
Data are not available or not collected for populations not shown.
CI: 95% confidence interval.
- The best group rate for this objective, 68.4%, was attained by Hispanic or Latino persons.
- The worst group rate for this objective, 57.3%, was attained by Black or African American only persons.
- The absolute difference (or range) between the best and worst group rates was 11.1 percentage points.
- The best group rate was 1.194 times the worst group rate.
- The best group rate was <1.100 times the average rate for all other race/ethnicity groups (excluding the best), 62.4%.
Hispanic or Latino persons achieved the best group rate for this objective, 68.4%.
The best group rate was:
- <1.1 times the rate for the White only population.
- <1.1 times the rate for the Not Hispanic or Latino population.
- 1.194 times the rate for the Black or African American only population.