Comprehensive Laboratory Services Survey
The Comprehensive Laboratory Services System (CLSS) is intended to measure the extent to which state public health laboratories (SPHLs) fulfill 11 Core Functions of public health laboratories in support of public health. The survey is distributed biennially to all state health agencies.
• Disease Prevention, Control and Surveillance
• Integrated Data Management
• Reference and Specialized Testing
• Environmental Health and Protection
• Food Safety
• Laboratory Improvement and Regulation
• Policy Development
• Public Health Preparedness and Response
• Public Health Related Research
• Training and Education
• Partnerships and Communication
Wilcke BW JR., et al: Laboratory services in support of public health: a status report. Public Health Reports. 125 (Suppl 2): 40-46. 2010.