How to Use HealthyPeople.gov
Below you’ll find some helpful tips for using HealthyPeople.gov. Also be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Topics & Objectives
Healthy People 2020 is organized into 42 topic areas. In the topic areas, you’ll find 4 tabs: Overview, Objectives, Interventions & Resources, and National Snapshots.
- In the Overview tab, you’ll find a brief introduction to the topic along with information about why it’s important to our Nation’s health.
- Read the list of objectives for the topic area in the Objectives tab—each measurable objective includes a baseline, target, and data source.
- Browse the Interventions & Resources tab for topic-specific evidence-based intervention strategies, clinical recommendations, and links to consumer health information.
- Use the National Snapshots tab to view graphs and images that represent current data for selected objectives in the topic area.
Leading Health Indicators
Learn about the Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators (LHIs), a set of objectives that reflect high-priority health issues and communicate actions we can take to address them. You can find information about the LHI selection process, browse our LHI infographic gallery, and more.
Use our interactive data search tool to explore data related to the Healthy People 2020 objectives. Search the data using helpful objective filters, like topic area or data source. You can also learn more about Healthy People data.
Healthy People in Action
- Find stories from professionals using Healthy People in the field.
- Learn about the Healthy People 2020 Consortium, a diverse group of organizations committed to implementing Healthy People 2020 across the Nation.
- Find the Healthy People coordinator in your state or territory to learn how to get involved with Healthy People efforts in your area.
- Learn how states and territories are using Healthy People to improve the Nation’s health.
Tools & Resources
Use these Healthy People tools and resources to learn more about Healthy People and help improve health in your community. You can:
- Search our Evidence-Based Resources database to find interventions and resources to improve the health of your community.
- Check out Healthy People eLearning to find online educational opportunities for health professionals, students, and community leaders working to reach Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Use our program planning tool to mobilize partners, assess community need, create and implement a program plan, and track community progress.
Webinars & Events
Find information on upcoming Healthy People 2020 webinars and events. You can also check out our archive for materials from past webinars and events.
About Healthy People
Learn more about Healthy People 2020! Read about the background, history, and development process.