MAP-IT: A Guide To Using Healthy People 2020 in Your Community
Healthy People is based on a simple but powerful model:
- Establish national health objectives.
- Provide data and tools to enable States, cities, communities, and individuals across the country to combine their efforts to achieve them.
Use the MAP-IT framework to help:
- Mobilize partners.
- Assess the needs of your community.
- Create and implement a plan to reach Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Track your community’s progress.
Are you working to achieve Healthy People 2020 objectives?
Healthy People 2020 is looking for real stories from organizations implementing programs to improve our Nation’s health.
Share Your Story!
A Framework for Implementation
No two public health interventions are exactly alike. But most interventions share a similar path to success: Mobilize, Assess, Plan, Implement, Track.
Otherwise known as MAP-IT, this framework can be used to plan and evaluate public health interventions to achieve Healthy People 2020 objectives. Whether you are a seasoned public health professional or new to the field, the MAP-IT framework will help you create your own path to a healthy community and a healthier Nation.
Use these tools and resources as a reference. Each of the 5 MAP-IT sections includes questions to ask and answer, a brief overview, Healthy People 2020 tools, and links to related resources.
Choose one of the steps below to get started: